Monday, July 4, 2011

Morning of Smiles

I was brought out of sleep this morning when I heard Aria moving around in bed. She wasn't crying so I was hoping she would fall back asleep. A few minutes went by and I then I heard a little "diaper pop." It was then that I found that Leandra was awake because she said that it didn't sound too bad and that we could get take care of her diaper in a little bit (in other words, we were really tired).

After I heard two more "pops," I decided that I needed to take care of the diaper and I'm glad I did. The diaper was on the verge of what I refer to as a "global crisis," so getting that off of her likely saved us a headache for later on. More importantly, it got me this video clip of a very happy baby on the changing table:


(If you click on the picture, you can will go to the YouTube page for a bigger screen size.)

This is the first time I have been able to get video of her smiling and even giving a very brief giggle. Every other time I have tried to record her smiling, I never have my camera or iPhone close by and by the time I get it, she is no longer in the mood.

The other amazing thing about the timing is the fact that she is generally calm. Usually she wakes up and is crying because she's hungry. We think she's been through a growth spurt right now because she is constantly wanting to eat and has been attached at the "hip" to her mother (you know what I mean...ahem, ahem). Getting her in a brief period of time where she was content and smiling was well worth the 6:00 am wake-up call.

2 comments:

  1. She smiled a bit for me that morning she was content for much of the morning but nothing like this. She's really working to be "heard" too! Precious <3 That's our girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had her smile at me before. By the time I would get a camera, smilin' time was over.

    ReplyDelete