Monday, August 22, 2011

Group Power Personal Launch

A couple of months ago, I was asked by the Group Fitness Coordinator at Bob's Gym if I was interested in taking a weekend long training for Group Power. Like Group Kick (which I trained for back in January), it is offered by Body Training Systems. Whereas Group Kick is more cardio focused, Group Power concentrates on strength through muscle endurance.

I had taken the class numerous time and found it easy to pick up, but instructing it is always a different beast. Additionally, I was a little hesitant not knowing what my job situation would be in the next month or so. If I move to an area that doesn't offer Group Power, I would be screwed.

In the end, I was glad I took the class. I was able to clean some bad technique, as well learned how far I could push myself with weights on the bar.

After the training finished, I had three months to teach a class (with at least 5 people in the room) and record myself. I challenged myself to get in done in three weeks.

Instead of scheduling my own class during an open space of time at the gym, one of the current instructors let me utilize her class. In addition to the regulars who attend that particular class, I was able to bring some friends and had close to 20 people. There is something about having a packed room, as opposed to the required minimum.

I tried something different and pre-set the room in "theater style" with the benches circling the center area, instead of people putting their benches in rows. With the amount of equipment and space we had available, we fit the room nicely.

Below are the ten tracks divided up into five videos. The routines are far from perfect. In fact I have one track where I put on too much weight and completely fell apart (see Track Eight: Shoulders). Here are the videos....enjoy!

Tracks 1/2: Warm-Up and Legs


Tracks 3/4: Chest and Back & Legs


Tracks 5/6: Tricpes and Biceps


Tracks 7/8: "More Legs" and Shoulders


Tracks 9/10: Core and Cool Down

No comments:

Post a Comment